Monday, December 6, 2010

Day 9 of no pooping....

Ugh, this is so frustrating. They put in on diflucan and nystatin and the thrush is still not gone....Plus because he was losing weight they had me adding 1 tsp of formula to his breastmilk. Well he now hasn't pooped for 9 days, I started using the formula 8 days ago. We tried stimulating his anus with a thermometer, giving him 1/2 oz of prune juice (3x's now) and nothing is working. I am getting very agitated at his pediatrician because it seems like they aren't doing anything! Nick is not an average little boy, but they treat him just like any other child. That's good in some ways but not when it comes to his medical care. I am just so frustrated and I don't know what to do, Nick normally pooped at least once a day and now for him to go 9 days without pooping is not normal!!
I am currently waiting on a phone call from his pediatrician but I will probably end up taking him to urgent care later tonight because they probably won't want to see him and will probably just call something in.

No comments:

Post a Comment