Thursday, August 12, 2010

Big day tomorrow!

Wow! I can't believe it has come so fast. For awhile it seemed to lag on and on (probably because of the heat) but in reality it has gone by too quickly. I cannot believe I will meet my little boy tomorrow! I will be able to see his sweet face and (I am praying I will) be able to hold him close and tell him how much I love him for the first times.
We met with Monica, a maternity care coordinator, at SMMC on Wednesday. She went over more information with us and drew blood for the c-section tomorrow. We were also able to see the NICU, which is where Nick will be for the first hours of his life. We are praying he won't be in there long but we won't know until we figure out how stable he is. Only grandparents and siblings are able to visit Nick while he is in the NICU. Which kinda stinks for the rest of the family and friends but it's the best thing for him and the other babies that are in there as well.
His birth is scheduled for 9 a.m. tomorrow morning, unless there is an emergency that needs to be pushed in front of us. I will have to stay in recovery for about 2 hours afterwards and Nick will go straight to the NICU. Joe will stay with him and he will be able to relay information back to me until I get to be moved into the NICU with Nick.
Thank you everyone for your kind words and continued prayers. I know that God holds little Nikolas in His hands and that we need to trust Him to take care of our little boy.
Please continue to pray for Nikolas and a speedy recovery for myself.
I will try and update as soon as I am able and I will continue to update as we find out more information about baby Nick's condition.

"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

No comments:

Post a Comment