Thursday, June 14, 2012

CT results

We got the results of the CT today.

It's not the best news, it's not terrible but not what we hoped for.

The right one has shrunk a few centimeters, and the left one, which was the larger one, has shrunk from 4.5 inches to 3.8 inches.

But the bad part is they are shrinking towards his blood vessels, making them inoperable right now. So he'll need an open biopsy to determine if we're using the right chemotherapy drugs for his type of cancer.

Also, the doctor that our oncologist originally consulted with is going to be out of town next week and is unable to meet with us or do the biopsy until the June 26th. I don't know if I feel comfortable waiting until then. It's standard protocol to do either surgery or a biopsy during week 13 and June 26th will be week 14. I don't know if thats a huge deal...I just hate to wait and put stuff off till later when dealing with Nick's tumors. I would hate for him to be getting the wrong chemo drugs.

The wonderful director of the Britain Center that Nick goes to is friends with an oncologist at Children's and she gave us the name of another surgeon that has dealt with Wilms' tumors so we're trying to decide if its a good idea to consult him or just wait until our original doctor is available.

We're praying for wisdom, we just want whats best for Nick. Please pray with us.

We have chemo again tomorrow and we really need to decide by then if we want to check this other doctors schedule and see if he is available to do the biopsy or just prayerfully wait things out.

1 comment:

  1. I will be praying for all of you.
    God Bless!

    Your children are beautiful!