Saturday, May 28, 2011

Long needed update!

Sorry for the long delay in posting! We have been very busy with school ending for Brianna and my semester finals and Nick being sick with a cold etc.
Nick had an ear infection and I am sure a little cold that started to get worse and every morning he has been so gaggy. He will wake up gagging, which leads to throwing up. When Nick throws up some of it usually ends up in his maxillary sinuses which causes more mucus to drain down his throat and in turn that causes him to be more gaggy and causes more throwing up....it's a horrible cycle and it landed us back in the hospital again because he was aspirating and turning purple one morning. They sent us home the next day and figured it is just due to the drainage going down his throat and to give him saline and suction him and hopefully that would help...great. So we've been doing that every morning for the past 2 weeks. It is strange though because it only happens in the morning then he's pretty much okay the rest of the day. He did develop a cough but it seems to be finally getting better.
He also saw neurology and his opthamologist earlier this month, and his pediatrician on Thursday. He is up to 19.9 lbs! He is so chubby :o) I love every inch of his chubbs, actually it looks as if his cheeks are overtaking his face sometimes!
His neurologist also informed us that he is classified as having epilepsy, because of the way his brain is structured and having seizures for more than one day. So we'll continue with the Keppra and hopefully he won't have any more seizures. She said that if he is seizure free for one year then she will consider taking him off of it.
Also, his opthamologist doesn't think there is much change in his vision or the structures of his eye's since we saw her 6 months ago. I think he can see better though. Sometimes when I walk up to his bassinet and he's just laying there looking around he will notice me, of course I don't make any noises and try to see if he is really seeing me or just a shadow. He loves to smile so it's hard to tell if he's smiling at me or if he thinks he sees something else funny. Either way, I just love his smile. Every morning he wakes up smiling, he is such a ray of sunshine!
I can't think of anything else right now, but I know there is much more I need to add. I hope everyone has a wonderful Memorial Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment