Thursday, December 8, 2011

Big day Friday...

Friday is a big day for us. We go for our second level 2 ultrasound to see how baby Carsen is doing. Really, the only reason this is a big deal is because of Nick's recent 'possible' diagnosis of Lenz. From the little information I can find out about Lenz, mother's may not be carriers. Maybe I'm just reading into the wording a little too much but it does say IF....

 Lenz microphthalmia syndrome is inherited in an X-linked recessive manner. The risk to sibs depends on the carrier status of the mother. If the mother is a carrier, the chance of transmitting the mutation is 50% in each pregnancy: males who inherit the mutation will be affected; females who inherit the mutation will be carriers and will not be affected. 




This was taken from www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/ so I am assuming is pretty credible.

But the other reason I am a little worried is because this baby is having similar, 'shaky' movements like Nick did. I always thought Nick was having seizures in utero but we could never actually capture it on ultrasound or on the non-stress tests. I am praying it is nothing, that Carsen is fine, but all these things are starting to worry me, even though the first few ultrasounds looked great.



Nick didn't start having seizures until he got really sick and had just had surgery. So I'm thinking he never was having seizures before he was born. The only thing that I can think that the odd vibrating movements were is either my uterus is weird or when you push upward on the bottom of Nick's feet, they start to shake. Maybe that's what is was, and that would make perfect sense because when you push on his feet it only last for maybe 5 seconds which is about the same amount of time the shaking 'episodes' would last.
One of his OT's explained that his feet shake like that because of something to do with his neurological issues.

But if that's why Nick was doing it, and now Carsen's doing it....ugh, I need to stop worrying. I really can't handle much more stress right now. Brianna is sick again this week, possibly with bronchitis or strep. My Chemistry final is Monday, and I CANNOT get sick before that! And Christmas is coming up....

If you've read this far, sorry. It really helps me to get everything out but then be able to go back and see what I've written and re-evaluate.

I've been constantly reminding myself that God is in control. But something else I've recently decided to focus on is that all these trials we go through, all the heart ache and stress, they are actually blessing's from God. I know that seems backward, and it's hard to wrap my mind around it sometimes but He wants us to rely on Him 100%, and not just during the hard times. This thought process comes somewhat from Laura Story's Blessings song. I cannot control anything and I cannot do anything by myself, but with God's help I know we will be just fine, whatever the results.

Please pray for Carsen, for Joe and myself. Oh, Nick is doing great by the way, his eye continues to heal and the week before Christmas they are going to try and put a contact lens in, so we'll see how that goes!

I'll update as soon as I can on Friday after the ultrasound.

No comments:

Post a Comment